FiberLean Technologies (a Werhahn Group company) is a leading global manufacturer of Microfibrillated Cellulose and has made significant breakthroughs in new applications and platform technologies. FiberLean's technology makes a valuable contribution to a sustainable circular economy. Currently, FiberLean employs approximately 100 people globally. The administrative headquarters are in Neuss Germany, and most functions including R&D are in the UK. FiberLean has manufacturing locations in Europe, the Americas and Asia.
As our Paper and Board, Research and Development Director, you will safely manage the day-to-day running of the Paper and Board R&D Team. To ensure outputs are delivered to internal and external customers on time.
This role is laboratory and office based in our Par Moor Centre R&D Laboratories.in Par, St Austell, Cornwall, UK
- Manage the laboratory and pilot- scale technical aspects of the company's Paper and Board new customer acquisition and New Product Development projects.
- Play an active role in determining the company's strategy and tactics in the paper and board area.
- Identify training needs and development needs of employees under direct supervision.
Key Tasks and Responsibilities
- Design, execution, analysis and reporting of lab-scale and pilot-scale papermaking studies as part of both short customer acquisition projects and New Product Development projects.
- Interface with commercial teams, customers and others.
- Assist IP lawyers with maintenance and growth of IP portfolio.
- Develop data in support of regulatory allowances.
- Jointly develop the company position in Corporate Social Responsibility.
- BSC and PhD in Physical Sciences.
- Minimum ten years of experience, at least five of which involve managerial experience.
- Detailed knowledge of laboratory-scale and pilot-scale papermaking and paper characterisation.
- Proven record of New Product Development.
- Experience with intellectual property, regulatory and corporate Social Responsibility aspects of project work.
- Knowledge of the markets & customers where our products are used.
Here at FiberLean our core values, known as The FiberLean Way are :
Partnerships - So we are looking for - Positivity – Integrity – Professionalism
Innovation - We look for - Creativity – Open-mindedness – Re-designing the norm
Expertise - We are striving for - Excellence – Advancement – Teaching
Why should you apply?
This position is varied and exciting in a very dynamic, international environment with the opportunity to help shape the further expansion of the company. Par Moor Centre is a very well equipped R&D laboratory complex located in a desirable part of the UK.
We will offer you a competitive salary, annual reviews, several types of bonuses, life assurance, income protection, health club membership reimbursement, generous pension, Perks at Work benefit platform, free employee assistance program, recruitment referral scheme, service awards, LinkedIn Learning account, work-life balance, social events, trust and flexibility, support of a great team and career development.
Do you think this sounds like a great next step for you? We look forward to hearing from you!