FiberLean Technologies (a Werhahn Group company) is a leading global manufacturer of Microfibrillated Cellulose and has made significant breakthroughs in new applications and platform technologies. FiberLean's technology makes a valuable contribution to a sustainable circular economy. Currently, FiberLean employs approximately 100 people globally. The administrative headquarters are in Neuss Germany, and most functions including R&D are in the UK. FiberLean has manufacturing locations in Europe, the Americas and Asia.
The position requires candidates that are experienced in Project Management in the Industrial Sector, and able to take on the full responsibility for Project Managing the development and execution of FiberLean Commercial Projects internationally. Adaptable, flexible and ability to travel domestically and internationally is essential.
This role is office based in our Par Moor Centre in Par, St Austell, Cornwall, UK.
- Project Manage the execution of 1 - 2 commercial projects per annum, and also leading the feasibility/project development phase for a further 2-3 project opportunities, always with focus on safety, health, environment, cost, program, and quality / performance.
- Where necessary, support the existing FiberLean Operating Plants, currently 4 globally, with this set to grow significantly over the coming years.
- Support the company's’ Value Engineering and Improve Project Management programs identifying scope / technical and work process improvement ideas for cost and program savings – CAPEX and/or OPEX.
Key Tasks and Responsibility
- Manage feasibility studies (FEL 1) / preliminary (FEL 3) design work for 2-3 new opportunities per annum.
- Manage development of the key preliminary design / basic engineering deliverables including Scope Definition Technical Summary & Scope Split Matrix, Project Execution Plan, Procurement Plan, Project Program, CAPEX estimate and Risk Management Plan.
- Lead the Project Execution Team (including local in country partners/contractors) through the completion of key tasks, deliverables, etc. through the project life cycle, ensuring all the project KPI’s and objectives are achieved (i.e. health and safety, cost, program, plant performance / contract commitments, etc.).
- Responsible for the Project cost control, change control, forecasting, variance analysis, progress monitoring and general status reporting for the projects.
- Help to ensure all designs meet FiberLean and customer standards/requirements and relevant safety legislation and techniques e.g., PED, Machinery Directive, PSSR, CDM, country specific, etc.
- Develop and execute the Project Construction Management Plans, including qualifying/evaluating/selecting and managing contractors, vendors, consultants, and general on-site support i.e., technical queries, contractor/vendor supervision, progress monitoring, problem resolution, snagging, close-out and hand-over process and documentation.
- Manage the construction and commissioning process (i.e. progress, change management, claims management, QA/QC, completion checklists, snag list, pre-commissioning checklists and certificates, as-builts, etc.)
- Maintain a broad knowledge and demonstrate leadership in all aspects of EH&S, including FiberLean's core Safety Protocols, including but not limited to LOTOTO), Risk and Method Statements, Safe Methods of Work, Confined Space Entry, Working at Heights, Stored Energy, Forklift Safety, Suspended Loads.
- Demonstrate high level of competency, knowledge and experience in Project Management, Engineering/Design and Construction Management, and Commissioning methods and tools.
- BSc or Master’s Degree in Mechanical, Chemical or Electrical Engineering or equivalent
- Experience in industrial process sector (ideally minerals and/or pulp and paper)
- Knowledge and experience with negotiation techniques
- Knowledge and experience of critical path planning or similar techniques
- Experience in the design, construction and commissioning of process plants required
Here at FiberLean our core values, known as The FiberLean Way are :
Partnerships - So we are looking for - Positivity – Integrity – Professionalism
Innovation - We look for - Creativity – Open-mindedness – Re-designing the norm
Expertise - We are striving for - Excellence – Advancement – Teaching
Why should you apply?
We will offer you a competitive salary, annual reviews, several types of bonuses, life assurance, income protection, health club membership reimbursement, generous pension, Perks at Work benefit platform, free employee assistance program, recruitment referral scheme, service awards, LinkedIn Learning account, work-life balance, social events, trust and flexibility, support of a great team and career development.