FiberLean Technologies (a Werhahn Group company) is a leading global manufacturer of Microfibrillated Cellulose and has made significant breakthroughs in new applications and platform technologies. FiberLean's technology makes a valuable contribution to a sustainable circular economy. Currently, FiberLean employs approximately 100 people globally. The administrative headquarters are in Neuss Germany, and most functions including R&D are in the UK. FiberLean has manufacturing locations in Europe, the Americas and Asia.
The position requires candidates that are experienced in Project Engineering in the Industrial Sector, and able to take on significant responsibility in the development and execution of Commerical Projects internationally. Adaptable, flexible and ability to travel domestically and internationally is essential.
This role is office based in our Par Moor Centre in Par, St Austell, Cornwall, UK.
- Contribute to the successful execution of 1 to 2 commercial projects per annum, plus support the feasibility/preliminary design (project development) phase for a further 2-3 project opportunities (>£3M to <£10M/each), with KPI’s on safety, environment, cost, schedule/ program, and quality.
- Where necessary, support the existing Operation Plants, currently 1 in Trebal (Cornwall) and 4 globally, with this set to grow significantly over the coming years.
- Support the company Value Engineering program, identifying, scope / technical specification and managing the ideas for savings – CAPEX and/or OPEX.
Key Tasks and Responsibilities
- Support feasibility studies (FEL 1) / preliminary (FEL 3) design work for 2-3 new opportunities per annum.
- Develop key Project Management documentation including Scope Definition Technical Summary & Scope Split Matrix, Project Execution Plan, Procurement Plan, Project Program, CAPEX estimate and Risk Management Plan.
- Lead and coordinate key tasks and deliverables through the project life cycle from initial Feasibility, Preliminary Design, Detailed Design, Procurement, Construction, Commissioning/Start-up and Project Hand-over/Close-out (including Lessons Learned), per project specific requirements, program, budget and contract commitments.
- Support the Senior Project Manager and Engineering Design Manager to define appropriate engineering/design, procurement, construction, and commissioning strategies for each project.
- Plan and lead the various Design Reviews during the project execution including P&ID Development, Plant Layout/3D model, Hazard Reviews (HAZOP), Constructability/Maintainability/Operability reviews and Design Risk Assessments.
- Contribute to the development of project specific, and on-going Global Standard, Technical Specifications, for the RFQ / Tendering process for Equipment and Construction packages, as required.
- Support the Senior Project Manager with project forecasting, change control, variance analysis, progress monitoring and general project status reporting.
- Plan, co-ordinate and manage contractors, vendors, and consultants with emphasis on Environmental, Health and Safety as well as scope, budget, program, and quality.
- Help to ensure all designs meet FiberLean and customer standards/requirements and relevant safety legislation and techniques e.g., PED, Machinery Directive, PSSR, CDM, country specific, etc.
- Support construction and commissioning teams during construction and commissioning including, as required on-site support per project needs i.e., technical queries, contractor/vendor supervision, problem resolution, snagging, “as-built” documentation etc.
- Look for opportunities to reduce the design and build cost and duration for the projects through use of the standard designs, modularisation plus Value Engineering techniques resulting in innovative and creative designs and lean execution.
- Maintain a current knowledge in health and safety: LOTOTO (Lock out, Tag Out, Try Out), RAMs (Risk and Method Statements), Safe Methods of Work, Confined Space Entry, Working at Heights, Stored Energy, Forklift Safety, Suspended Loads, and all other FiberLean Environmental, Health and Safety practices.
- Maintain a good working knowledge and experience in Project Management, Engineering/Design and Construction Management methods, sequences, and tools.
- Help to develop, improve and maintain FiberLean Project Management Tools and Procedures, including Project Estimating, Planning and Control, Document Management, etc.
- BSc or Master’s Degree in Mechanical, Chemical or Electrical Engineering or equivalent.
- Experience in industrial process sector (ideally minerals and/or pulp and paper).
- Experience in the design, construction and commissioning of process plants.
Here at FiberLean our core values, known as The FiberLean Way are :
Partnerships - So we are looking for - Positivity – Integrity – Professionalism
Innovation - We look for - Creativity – Open-mindedness – Re-designing the norm
Expertise - We are striving for - Excellence – Advancement – Teaching
Why should you apply?
We will offer you a competitive salary, annual reviews, several types of bonuses, life assurance, income protection, health club membership reimbursement, generous pension, Perks at Work benefit platform, free employee assistance program, recruitment referral scheme, service awards, LinkedIn Learning account, work-life balance, social events, trust and flexibility, support of a great team and career development.