FiberLean Technologies (a Werhahn Group company) is a leading global manufacturer of Microfibrillated Cellulose and has made significant breakthroughs in new applications and platform technologies. FiberLean's technology makes a valuable contribution to a sustainable circular economy. Currently, FiberLean employs approximately 100 people globally. The administrative headquarters are in Neuss Germany, and most functions including R&D are in the UK. FiberLean has manufacturing locations in Europe, the Americas and Asia.
The Americas Regional Application's Director role covers key regions of either North America/ Latin America. Technial qualification of FiberLean product has the upmost importance in converting potential to actual customers. The successful candidate must be able to understand the drivers in creating customer value and the role of FiberLean MFC in achieving that and the ability to quantify value creation in addition to planning, executing and following up trials in a systematic and analytical manner. This role will also be responsible for mentoring junior members of staff in appropriate techniques and SOPs to ensure that correct procedures are followed and trial planning and reporting is correctly documented.
Key Tasks and Responsibilities
- Build close relationships at all levels with FiberLean targets and customers and to effectively communicate and customers to facilitate all activities associated with trials.
- Develop a deep technical knowledge of the target clients, their processes and quality needs in tandam of FiberLean as a driver to provide value.
- Identify business opportunities for FiberLean, based on contacts and knowledge.
- Excellent understanding of paper making wet-end chemistry and be able to troubleshoot from the stock prep to the press section.
- Understand paper quality requirements and different paper measurement principles.
- Demonstrate good ability to mentor and manage other members of the Paper and packaging applications team
- Provide technical guidance to the marketing team with the aim of ensuring that all performance claims and case studies have appropriate supporting data
- Other duties may reasonably be required, in line with your main duties.
- BSc or Masters degree in Science or Engineering in relevant areas
- Extensive experience in the paper industry, some background in R&D is merited
- Advanced knowledge and experience in papermaking, especially wet-end chemistry
Here at FiberLean our core values, known as The FiberLean Way are :
Partnerships - So we are looking for - Positivity – Integrity – Professionalism
Innovation - We look for - Creativity – Open-mindedness – Re-designing the norm
Expertise - We are striving for - Excellence – Advancement – Teaching
Why should you apply?
We will offer you a competitive salary, annual reviews, several types of bonuses, free employee assistance program, recruitment referral scheme, service awards, LinkedIn Learning account, work-life balance, social events, trust and flexibility, support of a great team and career development.
Do you think this sounds like a great next step for you? We look forward to hearing from you!